Lead Jubilee leaders met yesterday at the Bonds Hotel along Kisii Kilgoris road to strategize on how to make the president’s visit a momentous occasion. The meeting chaired by Jubilee stalwart Chris Obure resolved as follows:
1) To hire all Boda Boda riders from across Kisii town and major towns give them 2k each and dress them Jubilee colors.
2) Mobilize mama mbogas from Kisii town each given kes 1500.
3) To paint Kisii town red including the County executive offices.
4) Provide matatu operators with funds to ferry Kisiis from across the County to attend the president’s function.
5) At around 8am in the morning everything was set for a magnificent occasion.
To their surprise:
1)The Bodaboda riders used Jubilee resources to sensitize the public about Raila Odinga’s visit.
They went from door to door informing locals of the Raila’s visit scheduled for tomorrow.
2) Matatu owners honorably ferried people who demanded to be paid before going to the stadium. As soon as they were paid they switched back to their homes one after the other.
3) Mama Mbogas also demanded for their pay before attending the President’s function, the payment was promptly made. They humbly walked back to their businesses the moment they were paid.
4) At around 12 noon the stadium was still empty, no red colors in town.
The organizers took the president to Bonchari to tour County Government project to allow organizers time to ferry more people from town.
In every 10 people they brought in 6 left after every 10min.
At 2pm the president demanded to be taken to Gusii stadium.
At the Gate to Gusii stadium he stood through a sand-roof of his V8 armoured vehicle to wave to the crowd holding the shield of power as President and commander in chief,only to be surprised that the field was empty. He could comfortable count people one by one.
The poor son of Mzee Jomo and Mama Ngina humbly went down and inside the car.
When he got to the podium his eyes were red and he looked impatient.
Looking around him 80% were security officers both plain cloth and uniform. The other 20% Was The usual Jubilee team from the region.
He asked his PA not any member of the Kisii team to call the MC.
who the president directed that he had 10 minutes left.
As soon as 5 minutes were over the president was on his feet to address a handful of hired goons. His speech lasted for 3 and half minutes, he then walked down the podium frustrated and bitter straight to his car as he took off.
What an embarrassment…… wakisii Uhuru aliwakosea nini??