KENYA MUSLIM CAUCUS
P.O. Box: 4595-00506, Nairobi
PRESS RELEASE: KENYA MUSLIMS CAUCUS
Our position regarding matters touching on Muslims and latest incidents of Joho, Marwa and President Uhuru Kenyatta
The current spate of exchange between the president of the republic of Kenya, coast regional coordinator on one side and the governor of Mombasa is one thing that is bothering the Kenya Muslim community today and the excessive show of might as a total transgression to the rule of law and abuse of delegated power of the Almighty.
In general code of conduct of the Islamic faith, It is the obligatory upon every Muslim to be obedient and supportive of leadership when there is justice and obedience to the rule of law of the land, principles of humanity and respects of the power of the Almighty by the said leadership.
Currently and in the past and as a reminder to the those in power and Kenyans in general, The Muslim community has been maltreated through killings and disappearance of members, arbitrary arrests by the security agents, ethnic and religious profiling of the community as terrorist, presence of military and other security agents in Muslim dominated counties to specifically put Muslims in constant fear while there is no threat to warrant that and above all as pretext to fighting terror and last but not the least the issue of intimidating elected members of the community in leadership among them the likes of Joho.
These matters are not going to be taken lightly by Muslims and as citizens of the republic of Kenya especially when the policy has remained permanently unwarranted and a policy with the current regime. We are calling upon Kenyans and the Muslims community to stand united and object to the transgression of the government and her agents.
In that regard we as Kenya Muslim Caucus tell the president and his government to know that:
• The Kenya Muslim Caucus and other law abiding Kenyans are saying enough is enough and strongly condemn the government actions of unfair treatment and all other disservice to the Muslims and their other Kenyan counterparts.
• The Kenya Muslim Caucus is not taking the matter touching on Hon. Joho
lightly and if the due process of the law is not followed to correct any wrongdoing on his part and on the part of the security agents then we will have no choice but to advise the Muslim community not to support this government in any capacity especially in the forth coming elections.
• That the Jubilee government has transgressed on the rule of law and that delegated to them by the Almighty and unless they change their ways they are unfit to rule the country and support the constitution of Kenya.
• Kenya Muslim Caucus are vigilant of the transgression of the government and the excesses making them to take an early position in the current electioneering period of having made their mind and stand in solidarity of other Kenyans to change the current regime.
• We demand the government and her security agent to give assurance to the republic for free campaign, security to every citizen life and property and free elections since we are democratic society that can govern itself.
• Those actions of Marwa and his clique of intimidation are blatant violation of the constitutions and freedom of association and we demand an apology to the Kenyans, Joho and his party.
Chairman: Issa Ahmed Issa