President Uhuru Kenyatta has appointed Francis Kimemia chairman of the Industrial and Commercial Development Corporation.
Kimemia, who is former Secretary to the Cabinet, was appointed on Friday and businessman Chris Kirubi named Brand Kenya chairman.
Former Industrialization minister and ODM chairman Henry Kosgey was appointed Tourism Fund chairman and former police commissioner Hussein Ali to the NGOs Coordination Board.
The two were charged together with Uhuru and DP William Ruto with war crimes at the ICC.
Uhuru announced the appointments in a statement to newsrooms.
A series of changes in government have seen former police spokesman Eric Kiraithe appointed national government spokesman.
Kiraithe took charge of representing ministries while Manoah Esipisu will remain State House spokesperson.
The President also appointed Nzioka Waita deputy State House Chief of Staff and Head of Public Service.
Waita will now be in charge of the President’s Delivery Unit, Office of Budget Management, Performance Contracting and Oversight Office and State Corporations Oversight Office.
Uhuru also made several appointment to boards of various state corporations, with new additions including former roads minister Franklin Bett who was named chairman of the Agricultural Finance Corporation.
Uhuru’s appointments at a glance
1. Nzioka Waita to deputy State House Chief of Staff and Head of Public Service Joseph Kinyua.
2. Former Cabinet minister Franklin Bett – Appointed Agricultural Finance Corporation Chairman for three years
3. Katwa Kigen – Appointed Unclaimed Assets Authority Chairman for three years
4. Mathew Iteere – Appointed Nyayo Tea Zones Development Authority Chairman
5. Dr. Julius Kones – Appointed National Water Conservation and Pipeline Corporation Chairman
6. Dr. James Mwangi – Appointed Kenya Vision 2030 Delivery Board chairman
7. Christopher Aubrey Foot – Appointed Kenya Film Commission Board chairman
8. Silas Muriuki – Appointed Local Authorities Provident Fund chairman.