1. Mudavadi is not a leader; he is always led or misled. Moi led him to his appointment as minister. He then misled him to abandon the opposition in 2002 for a 3 month VP position. Raila led him out of oblivion into the office of Deputy PM. Mudavadi was again misled by uhuruto into his current joblessness… currently, his spouse is reported to have last word on so much.
2. Mudavadi is a player on loan to the democratic forces from the ‘homeguard lineage. (read Kanu, PNU, jubilee) His mentorship is pure home guard stuff. Players on loan do not captain host teams. He shouldn’t captain democratic forces where he is a mere substitute.
3. Mudavadi spent the better half of his life fighting reforms but only changed and became a lip servant to democratic struggles at best. He often agonizes but never organizes e.g. he refused to take part in the IEBC demos, never joined the campaign to devolve funds to counties through Okoa Kenya.
4. Historical injustices scare him. When Raila called for the implementation of the TJRC report at Ntimama’s funeral, he ridiculed the dialogue on the same labeling it ‘Juvenile’. The reason is simple; he has 700 hundred acres in Kitale among other lands acquired by Jomo Kenyatta’s and Moi’s signatures that amount to historical injustices captured in the report.
5. Mudavadi lacks the international political infrastructure that can propel his presidency and a Mudavadi candidature will not adequately inspire the CORD following being ideologically colorless.
6. Nothing in the experience of Mudavadi has prepared him for a bruising contest for power with hardcore and criminally inclined right wingers known to the late Jacob Juma, Jubilee . He has a passion for his beer and generally lazy, not a go-getter.
7. All know; Mudavadi’s first 100 days will be spent on appeasing those guilty of political and economic crimes mainly from the Kikuyu Mafia and appointing them back to office. The ruling slogan will revert to “Peace, Love and Unity, perhaps dubbed pragmatism”. A Mudavadi government is a “Forget about Jacob Juma, Lawyer Willy Kimani, JM Kariuki, let’s “move forward” government. He will have no time for the Maasai Land issue and the TJRC report will remain in the shelves.
8. It is obvious, Mudavadi will embark on a “clean-up exercise”, removing reformers from key positions in government; hence watering down the influence of Raila and his allies as happened under Kibaki. It won’t take long before they label Raila Odinga “One Dangerous Man” like Musikari Kombo (now expired) did for the riggers of 2007 general elections.
9. Under him, without fundamental reforms, economic stagnation and political betrayal tension will grow. The Mafia will revert to their traditional tactics: do a ‘Jacob Juma/JM. Kariuki’ on a patriot of Muthama’s or Orengo’s stature hiding behind the ‘mluhya’ in state house. The Luhya community will ignorantly vow to die with ‘one of their own’ (shenyu ni shenyu shenanigan) as naïve Mudavadi struggles to clear his name. The Cord family as currently constituted will disintegrate paving the way for the return of ‘tuko Pamoja’ (Turi Hamwe) within the first two years.
10. Knowing Mudavadi, persistent attacks on his government will mess his health and exacerbate his drinking and a mere rumor that a coup is in the works will send him to exile never to return leaving Kenya in shambles, Somalia-style.
Let us not pretend, we know whom HISTORY has prepared to get us out of our (Kenyan’s) current predicament.