Jubilee has dispatched her online Mujahedeen to say preach that Raila as PM launched the Muranga water project. It is not true. The facts are as follows:
1. What Raila launched in 2012 was the Nairobi Water Master Plan which was to come in various phases.
2. Phase one focused on drilling boreholes around Nairobi, especially in Ruiru and Limuru areas.
3. There were to be dams. Specifically, a dam was to be built in Maragwa.
4. Then the government was to increase Nairobi’s sewerage capacity before pumping more water into the city.
5. Other actions, including possibly tapping water from the Aberdares depended on conducting an Environmental Impact Assessment.
6. Jubilee has jumped the gun, dumped anything to do with dams, ignored the idea of boreholes, implemented what was to be last as the first, did it without EIA, ignored environment report when it came out and proceeded to more than double the cost.