ANC TO HOLD CRITICAL MACHAKOS STRATEGY MEETING
Amani National Congress (ANC) will hold a two day joint NEC and Parliamentary Group meeting chaired by party leader Hon. Musalia Mudavadi in Machakos on from Thursday to Saturday this weekend.
A PRESS CONFERENCE WILL BE HELD AT KYAKA HOTEL, MACHAKOS AT 11AM ON FRIDAY OCTOBER 21, 2016.
It is important to note that following amendments to the Political Parties Act, ANC is a fully fledged Parliamentary party with 5 MPs and 56 MCAs.
The meeting will take stock of the import of the amendments to the Political Parties Act and Elections Act with a view of positioning ANC for elections in 2017. Among other issues, the meeting will;
1. Review the emerging political developments in coalition building particularly the formation of National Super Alliance (NASA) (or Muungano Maalum) spearheaded by ANC Party Leader.
2. Discuss a revised party constitution as approved by Registrar of Political Parties with a view of filling newly created NEC positions.
3. Deliberate on also how to operationalize corporate membership in the party constitution with a view to welcoming other parties who have requested to become corporate members of ANC.
4. Discuss the party roadmap to 2017 elections with a view to mapping campaign result-oriented strategies. This will include ratification of ANC Party Policy Guide.
5. Unveil the new ANC Women League Charter in line with party gender inclusivity strategy.