KAMEME FM INTERVIEW
Yesterday my morning started with an interview by Kameme FM that was broadcasting from right inside Nyeri; at the Inspection Grounds off Gakere Road. The interview was terrific and I was able to make the following key points;
1. That I fully support what President Kenyatta said yesterday during Matiba’s funeral, and followed up at Kenol on his way back to Nairobi. Right now we must focus on the big four agenda and services to the people of Kenya, and not the 2022 debate. When that time comes we will deal.
2. That Kenya is a democratic country and therefore the people of Kenya will choose leaders of their choice without any threats or intimidation – when the time comes.
3. That as a Jubilee leader I respects the party leadership lead by Uhuru Kenya and William Ruto and support the party’s agreement of how we head towards 2022 all things remaining constant. However I find it completely disrespectful that some of us are already speaking about a Ruto presidency 4 years before the fact, and when we have a substantive president in office with an incomplete legacy he’s working on.
4. On local issues I said that our NG-CDF will be issuing bursaries to the people of Nyeri on 8th next month.
5. That plans are underway to ensure that key roads, including the Ngangarithi, Githinjiro & Oilcom-Thunguma road are fixed immediately through a multi-agency agreement between the county, KURA and KERRA, and have lobbied the County government and they have informed us that work is already going on to complete the Mudavadi and Open Air markets.
I then spent a few minutes interacting with our residents who had come to listen to the show, including my good friend #NjariBeba.