By Kamasasa E
Chiloba fires at Chebukati. IEBC is becoming hot as fighting breaks out. Check out internal memo below:
“My attention has been drawn into the blame game set in by the Chair. It’s absolutely ridiculous for the IEBC Chair, to come out publicly on a live teli, narrating to Kenyans how clean he’s with regards to the election malpractices pointed out by the Supreme Court. He has swiftly moved to drop the heavy yoke of the electoral rot in my office. He claims that he only walked into the office barely 7 months to elections and that during the reconditioning of IEBC, the overhaul process did not extend to the secretariat which I currently head.
Now allow me to make myself clear: As far as my duty is concerned, I do not in any way whatsoever, related to any function(s) of coordinating the elections in this country.
My role per se, is logistical in nature. I only ensure that all the election materials and equipment are available before the onset of poll. To this extent, according to my understanding, was done aptly and satisfactorily.
It is very absurd and inimical that after the elections were bungled by officers sitting in the office of the Chair, then someone ,who according to me, had exclusive powers to make things run as anticipated, blatantly come out in the open to censure my office.
Let each and every person carry his or her own cross. Yes, the cross appears heavy, but if it belongs to you single hundedly, it is only fair not to drop it for someone else.
I WILL NOT AND I REPEAT, WON’T ENTERTAIN SUCH NONSENSE.”
Meanwhile Chairman Chebukati is said to have been angered by ICT expert report that revealed his login credentials were used without his permission to conduct electoral fraud, he is said to have punched CEO chiloba as other commissioners rushed to separate the two.
Listed below are the areas where the Supreme Court appointed ICT expert revealed Chebukati password were used without his knowledge:
1. Chebukati’s account was used to transfer, modify and delete files including form 34As.
2. Chebukati’s account had 9934 transactions logs within the same period.
3. Chebukati’s account used an IP address that was not part of IEBC Partners address.
4. Chebukati’s account uploaded form 34B from Jomvu constituency
5. On 9th August 2017 Chebukati’s account downloaded, re-uploaded and deleted form 34B from Bureti Constituency.
6. On 13th August 2017 Chebukati’s account transfered folder for Kisumu central constituency.