According to a reliable source, both President-Uhuru and his Deputy- Ruto have shared the 18 Cabinet slots equally with TNA and URP getting nine slots each. However Ruto is reported to be uncomfortable with the apparent merger and renaming of ministries to his disadvantage, some sections of the pre-electionÂ MoU seem to be breached by the latest development.
The amazing top dawgs at Harembee house- Mutea Iringo, Kimemia and Chief Gichangi are said to have been behind the merger of crucial ministries. Kenyans especially those on social media and allied to Raila Odinga have urged Ruto to “accept and move on” for the sake of development. The following is the leaked list of cabinet slots as shared by TNA and URP respectively, you can judge if indeed they reflect the 50:50 power sharing agreement.
“If Ruto concedes to anything in the agreement deposited with the registrar, the pre-election agreement will not be worth the paper it was written on. It will have set a wrong precedence, he should soldier on and make sure he gets Finance and Devolution dockets. Those are the ministries that can enable him demonstrate his performance and earn a good tag for it”Â another pundit added
Uhuruâ€™s Cabinet slots
1. Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government.
2. Ministry of Devolution and Planning.
3. Ministry of Defence
4. Ministry of Foreign Affairs
5. The National Treasury
6. Transport and Infrastructure which will have the Department of Transport Services and the Department of Infrastructure.
7. Environment, Water and Natural Resource
8. Energy and Petroleum
Rutoâ€™s Cabinet slots
1. Education which will have the Department of Education and Department of Science and Technology
2. Ministry of Health
3. Land, Housing and Urban Development
4. Information, Communication and Technology (ICT)
5. Sports, Culture and the Arts
6. Labour, Social Security and Services
7. Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries under which are the Department of Agriculture, Department of Livestock and Department of Fisheries
8. Industrialization and Enterprise Development
9. Commerce and Tourism which has the Department of Commerce and Department of Tourism