#cownews- Letter to the President!
By J Githu
Good morning Mr president, let me hook you up with a few facts on the transport industry!
1. Public service vehicles are speeding, speed governors are either non-existent or they have been bypassed
2. Public service vehicles are overloading….. the same matatus that were carrying 3 passengers per row are now carrying 4 to 5 passengers per row…… that means even the seat belts are not in use because 5 passengers cannot use 3 seat belts…….. those belts are left to hang stepped on and very dirty….. in the event there is a crackdown those belts are too dirty for any normal Kenyan to touch.
3. Boda boda/nduti riders have no driving licence, they ride on the wrong side of the road or on overtaking lanes and don’t wear any helmet, their passengers have no helmets too…… if you go to kenyatta National Hospital today hundreds of our young men are writhing in pain from broken bones and multiple fractures……. these are the same thugs who burn private vehicles after causing accident (remember Otange bus that was burnt in Homabay town, yes!)
4. Police are still taking kshs 50 from matatus and 20 shs from bodabodas to allow them to break the law daily
5. NTSA has raised their bribe value for drunk driving to 5k cash on the spot, speeding to 3k on the spot, safety belts 1k on the spot…..and overloading matatus to 500shs on the spot….. Kenyans are paying these thugs daily…….. if you asked where those NTSA green cars are parked it’s outside nyama choma joints and road side beer joints….. these people take more money from the public than our court’s and KRA
This is happening in the backdrop of professional cabinet Secretary that you picked from the private sector, Mr president, this person (CS Wainana Macharia) is clueless, lazy, inexperienced and only looking for road construction contracts, the late Michuki had streamlined this sector but all his gains have gone down the drain.
As you make up your mind on who will fill this docket, please remove the eyesore that is the current secretary and as a matter of urgency disband NTSA.
I beg of you!
Good morning Kenyans…