Well, as the famous African proverb (from a certain community I wont name) goes ‘ the best husband is a dead wealthy one”.
Yes, DP Ruto controls just a palty 1.5million votes of the Kalenjin nation, the so called pastoralists alliance is just in his motor mouth, we know the Masai and Turkana are in the pocket of Raila Odinga, the Pokots are in Gideon Moi’s camp and the Somalis and other cushite communities will always be on the side of the government. William Ruto has no numbers !.
The Luyha, Kisii and Coast are all Raila loyalists. The Kikuyu and larger Mt Kenya region are stocks of trade for a few oligarchs who have so far declared the end of Ruto’s political career, Kambas are stuck with Wiper. One is left wondering why DP Ruto is stressing himself with earlier campaigns instead of vouching for lasting alliances. He should join his boss President Uhuru in building the Jubilee legacy but instead he is busy tormenting Uhuru and expects the Kikuyu nation to vote for him come 2022, witchcraft is real indeed !
It is obvious DP Ruto will fall come 2022, the statics are overwhelming, he must fall with or without the ‘stop Ruto movement.
One thing is for sure, DP Ruto will not be the first deputy president to have failed to ascend to presidency; sample this long list of highly educated, hard working , non corrupt leaders who despite their handwork and loyalty failed to make it to Statehouse.
1. H E KALONZO musyoka was vice president but never became president.
2. H E Mody Awori was Vice president but never became president.
3. H E Dr Josphat Karanja was Vice President but never became president.
4. H E Musalia Mudavadi had been a VP but Never became president.
5. H E Joseph Murumbi had been VP but Never became president.
6. H E Prof George Saitoti had been VP but Never became president.
7. H E Kijana Wamalwa had been VP but never became president.
8. The doyen Himself H E Jaramogi Oginga Odinga had been VP but never became The president.
Willian Samoei Arap Ruto will not be the first to loose presidency 2022.