Confidential sources indicate that beleaguered Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko is digging deeper in the war with Mt Kenya mafia who are angered by his move to dismantle cartels in City hall.
After a section of Jubilee leaders led by vice chairman David Murathe rejected the nomination of Miguna Miguna for vetting as the new deputy governor, Sonko is said to have prepared bombshell list that he will pick from in case MCAs reject Miguna. He hinted to Citizen TV journalist Francis Gachuri in a telephone interview (see Youtube link below)
Top on the list just after Miguna Miguna includes names of prominent Kenyans who are known for their hard stand against corruption and bad governance, they include
1.John Githongo- He was the PS in charge of ethics and anti-corruption the 1st year of the NARC regime in 2002, he brew the whistle on anglo leashing. Githongo was classmate of president Uhuru at St Mary’s school. he hates corruption and bad governance. He is a patriot, nationalist and respected globally. He was exciled in Europe for about three years after cartels promised to have his skul for dunner
2. Maina Kiai; The Harvard LLM graduate and former Chairman of KNCHR is a well known anti-corruption and good governance crusader. He is global icon on matters human rights. hails from Kieni Nyeri, a nationalist, patriot and a good man loved by millions in Kenya and abroad.
3. Dr David Ndii; The Oxford University trained economist and former Worldbank consultant is a known pro reform activist and NASA/Raila Odinga strategist.He hates corruption, tribalism and everything that represents Mt Kenya Mafia. Ndii is however blamed for misleading Raila with academic revolution theories that did not resonate well with the masses especially on the issue of Peoples’ assembly. Many are of the view that Ndii is too smart and fails to connect with reality of a largely ignorant republic where even undergraduates have challenges grasping basic concepts.
4. Mwalimu Mati; the Mars Group CEO is a celebrated anti corruption crusader and has done a lot research on how the national government has lost funds through corruption and fiscal mismanagement. He is full of energy when it comes to fight against corruption.
5. Cyprian Nyamwamu; the former NCEC Chief executive is a known voice of reason, he hates corruption, tribalism and bad governance. A university of Nairobi graduate worked closely with Prof Kivutha Kibwana at NCEC, also served as SDP secretary general when James Orengo was the party leader.
6. Boniface Mwangi; a photo journalist and anti-corruption leader is a well known name especially among the youth in Nairobi. He is a former street boy who has worked his way up and educated himself to University level through personal commitment and sacrifice. He has taken the regime head-on on matters corruption, land grabbing and youth unemployment.
7. Retired Reverend Timothy Njoya; a retired PCEA clergy , was vocal during the agitation for second liberation. He has more energy than Uhuru appointee the ever tired Archbishop Wabukala.
8. Hon Martha Karua; the irony lady! known for her no nonsense attitude to corruption. Despite serving under Mwai Kibaki’s corruption friendly regime Hin Martha Karua left government a very clean person. Many Kenyans love her save for the little arrogance she displayed at KICC in 2007 when she teamed up with Kivuitu to rig out premier Raila Odinga broad day light.
These is the list that sends shock waves to Mt Kenya mafia for most of those in the list come from the region but hate how a few elites have manipulated the system to continue holding powerwith backing of powerful cartels