1. Meeting held in Statehouse Mombasa (on Sunday Night), in attendance 5 top Jubilee operatives and OP rep one Mr Marwa.
2. It was agreed that Governor Joho should be blocked from accessing the venue of the president’s event in Mtongwe by all means necessary
3. Special Police squad was dispatched to search for Joho in his Nyali residence (apparently Governor’s intelligence had informed him of the developments and was alert and therefore moved to his 3rd residence unknown to the intelligence community)
4. Around 6:30am PC Nelson Marwa calls Governor Joho’s political affairs advisor ‘the’ highly respected Major Idris accuses him of inciting the public against Uhuru.
5. PC Marwa accuses Major Idris of inciting the public via social media (mobilizing the public to attend Uhuru event), Major Indris tells off Marwa and accused Police of spreading propaganda to blame it on Joho.
6. Police search for Governor Joho ensures but was unsuccessful after they could not find him in more than 10 homes searched. Road blocks are mounted in all major roundabouts and as search is now carried out in both civilian and public service vehicles within town.
7. Around 8:30am Governor Joho is spotted on a boda boda ride approaching Nyali bridge (the only connection/link from North Coast to Mombasa mainland). Police flag him down, stops and is shortly joined by Major Idris, Hon Bedzima among others..
8. Scuffle ensures as GSUs officers threaten Governor Joho, blocking him from crossing the bridge
9. After about 30 to 40 minutes at Nyali bridge, Police allow H.E Joho to proceed to his office BUT on condition that he used his car and not by foot or boda boda ride, forced to use his vehicle (to make tracking possible for police)
10. Joho arrives in office and immediately the building is surrounded by armed police
11. Joho is informed by a senior police officer that he cannot get out the the building until after Uhuru concludes his even in Mtongwe
12. Governor Joho goes live on Facebook and also in mainstream media and castigates Uhuru for using the police to enforce a house/office arrest
13. Meanwhile Uhuru addresses a scattered crowd in Mtongwe in which he apologizes for insulting elected leaders
14. Protests in Mombasa streets, women leading from the front with demands for release of Governor
Now, with all the drama, how has Uhuru benefited? watch Uhuru explain why he ordered Governor Joho to be detained, see link below>>