In John Pombe Magufuli’s Tanzania today, if you are a government official travelling outside the country, at the immigration desk:
1. You have to prove that your travel is not funded by taxpayers.
2. You must prove that your trip is necessary.
3. You must prove that you are not running away to evade JPM’s war on corruption, wastage and laziness.
4. You must have two letters, one from the country’s national treasury indicating you are not under investigations and the other from the office of the Chief Secretary (head of Public Service) showing the trip is sanctioned.
If you are going for holiday abroad;
1. You must prove that the country you are going to fiesta in is more serene than Mwalimu Julius Nyerere’s Tanzania.
2. You must prove that you have done your duty to the government commensurate to the time you will spend away.
3. You must show how many times you’ve visited your village.