In a report published by a local daily indicated that the Deputy President William Ruto had been isolated and abandoned in the burial arrangements of former president Daniel Arap Moi.
In what now appears a defiant response,Deputy President William Ruto has dismissed as propaganda claims that he has been left out in the government-led preparations for the burial of former President Daniel arap Moi.
Ruto says all government leaders including himself are taking part in the burial of Moi set to be held next week.
“It is propaganda by the media to say that I have been sidelined in the plans for Moi’s burial. We are all involved in these arrangements,” said Ruto.
The DP, who was speaking in an exclusive interview with Citizen TV at his official residence on Thursday, said the late president’s death should not be used to gain political mileage.
“This is not time to play politics or to try and make yourself look good. This is time for all of us to show the last respects for the late former president but not to play petty politics,” said Ruto.
“We have come a very long way with Moi and even closely worked with him when he was the president. It’s perhaps the succession politics where we differed maybe he had other plans when I decided to run for presidency. But there were no major differences between him and me,” he said.