By Kamasasa Emprahim
High Political drama; Hon Jirongo, Senator Khalwale and Senator Wetangula Boycott Francis Atwoli Luyha unity talks protesting the presence of political light weight Jubilee’s Ababu Namwamba.
Here are the chronology of events leading to a rescheduling of the meeting:
1. Francis Atwoli convened a meeting in consultation with Musalia, Weta, Jirongo, Khalwale and Oparanya.
2. Preparations went on smoothly till they paid media live coverage.
3. In the morning while Khalwale and Jirongo were in Mumias town enroute to the venue of the function, a call came in informing them that Ababu has called his flock, the Jubilee brokerage club and have already arrived for the meeting uninvited.
4. Jirongo and Khalwale changed their mind and drove to Bungoma town where they met Weta. After short consultation, Jirongo, Weta and Khalwale concluded to skip the event. They made a call to Musalia who was already the venue to express their position and ask why the Jubilee guys are in attendance.
5. Weta, Jirongo and Khalwale decided to attend a funeral in Bungoma instead and extended their trip later to Teso in Busia county.
6. Musalia while talking, he affirmed the Jubilee brokerage club that he is fighting Jubilee and not CORD. Its Jubilee to be replaced at the ballot and not CORD. Jubilee brokerage club found themselves in unfamiliar territory.
7. When Atwoli rose to speak, he took swipes at DP Ruto contrary to Jubilee media guys thinking that Atwoli was hitting at Raila. Atwoli isnt a political fool nor a novice.
8. On Monday, Atwoli, Musalia, Weta, Khalwale, Jirongo and Oparanya are scheduled to meet. A new date is to be set for another meeting which will strictly be for invited leaders.
Gentlemen, thats the chronology of yesterday events. The much hyped meeting flopped due to some wolves who stormed it. Raila, Musalia, Weta, Khalwale, Jirongo and Oparanya are one united block.
Lets reduce the bile!