Today Uhuru announced a cabinet reshuffle.
What will change?
One of the changes concerns the incompetent Prof Jacob Kaimenyi, Cabinet secretary for Education. He has been moved to Lands docket.
Devolution previously held by Ann Waiguru now will be headed by Hon Mwangi Kiunjuri, the former MP of Laikipia East.
Hon Najib Balala is the new Tourism while Mr Willy Bett is appointed for Agriculture. Phyllis Kandie has been demoted from Tourism to Labour.
Overall, the number of ministries increases from 19 to 20, while state departments increase from 26 to 41.
Summary of cabinet reshuffle
- Devolution: Mwangi Kiunjuri
- Treasury: Henry Rotich
- Sports: Hassan Wario
- Education: Fred Matiangi
- Transport James Macharia
- Tourism: Najib Balala
- ICT- Joe Mucheru
- Environment: Judy Wakhungu
- Energy and Petroleum â€“ Charles Keter;
- Labour and EA Affairs Phyllis Kandie;
- Lands â€“ Jacob Kaimenyi
- Health: Cleopha Maina
- Public Service: Cecily Karimi Kariuki
- Agriculture: Willy Bett
- Interior: Joseph Ole Nkaissery
- Water & Irrigation â€“ Eugene Wamalwa
- Ministry of Industrialization- Adan Mohammed
- Attorney Githu Muigai
More updates comingâ€¦