The news of Zimbabwe being broke than most Kenyan slum dwellers came at the wrong time for Jubilee duo keen of ascending into the presidency with the risk of sending Kenya into the Zimbabwe way.
â€˜â€™This is the type of news that Uhuru and Ruto teams could pay millions to water down, in fact if it was done by a local blogger it could have been pulled downÂ luckily this was done by the French News Agency AFPâ€ said a Nairobi based news editor.
The Kenyan electorate should not be blinded by tribalism, the choices are clear; Western powers have made it clear, elect ICC accused and you are on your own!
A few clowns who understand little or nothing in International economics are parroting on FB that China is open for business and that we need USA not!
Uhuru Kenyatta was quoted recently saying Â that he had no time to engage the West(read Europe and USA) instead Kenya will trade with Africa and China; well, Zimbabwe has been trading with China did that help?
Just two weeks ago the Netherlands banned Miraa import from Kenya, what did Uhuru say? Uhuru the hypocrite urged the Netherlands to reconsider the ban and open business with Kenya!! Why could he NOT approach China to teach Chinese how to consume miraa?
Truth be told: All African and Asia countries including Pakistan (largest importer of Kenya tea) depend on USA in one or another; sanctions on Kenya means all allies of USA and Europe will be advised (ordered) NOT to do business with Kenya.
Points To Remember:
- That if the economy collapses all of us will be affected;Â since 2008 PEV the economic growth slowed never to recover to date! cost of living is high, the price of bread, Unga, kerosene is the same in Nyeri, Siaya, Garisa, Eldoret and any other town/village in Kenya.
- That Zimbabwe’s economy was doing fairly well like Kenya before sanctions were slapped on them, itâ€™s been pain since then; with sanctions inflation hit the skies, currency lost value ……
- That even with the help of China; Zimbabwe has NOT and will never recover till Europe and USA lift sanctions.
- That China is keen on flooding our economy with Chinese cheap labour; we have seen Chinese drivers and Watchmen; I haven’t seen a European roasting maize by the roadside or hawking any of our towns.
- That we need not be comfortable in the slums as Waititu prescribes BUT desire to move out to a better place as Mbaru/Kidero envisions.
- That there are jiggers in Gatundu, Othaya and extreme poverty in Baringo Central just like the rest of Kenya yet our three presidents hailed from there and served for 16, 24 and 10.5 years respectively!
- That with sanctions Kenya cannot trade with Pakistan, Afghanistan, India et el as some of these countries are dependent of USA
- That we receive billions in aid for Malaria, AIDS, TB control from Europe and USA; if such aid is stopped thousands will die.
- That slowly our country has been auctioned to foreigners (Eastleigh and other major town centres) through corruption.
- That your closest relative is a neighbour who may not necessarily be your tribe
- That leading politicians have dual citizenship and millions in foreign bank accounts and other investments like ranches in Australia