This is what I think about Jubilee detention without trial of Cord MPs:
1. Buying time for CJ Dr Willy Mutunga to leave, then they can allocate a rogue judge as they deem fit…
2. Prison swap tactics: by holding Cord MP they want Cord to withhold all complaints against MPs Kuria, Ngunjiri and Waititu in exchange for their prisoner MPs Muthama, Junet, Bosire, Jumwa, Mutua.
3. Thursday is important. IEBC protests were planned. These are the key Raila loyalists. Jubilee probably offered to release them if CORD called off Thursday IEBC protest.
4. Uhuru is out of the country and everything is being done to avoid protests including detention without trial. Guess who is in charge? A guy who’s against any dialogue whatsoever.
5. And Thursday means that you can be availed in court Friday, then the prosecution may use semantics to keep you in detention for the weekend…which will be devastating, assuming some of them need blood pressure medication.