The financial misappropriation at the Wajir County Government seems to be getting out of hand according to the latest expose’ seen by our team.
Wajir County under the leadership of Governor Ahmed Abdullahi, has been allocated KSh 7.8 billion in the 2016/2017 financial year but it’s now feared most of the money will go into the hands of a few clan Kings from the under developed border County.
According to one of the insiders of Abdullahi’s County government the County defends it’s use of the billions allocated to the under developed county despite calls by residents for a special audit in the last financial year following widespread misuse of billions of shillings meant for development.
In the clear misuse of funds and skewed allocation of money to certain clans deemed friendly to the Governor, billions of shillings have been shared without any plan for development in the marginalized County.
According to the post by the insider the Wajir County Government allegedly spent billions to bribe Clan kings as follows.
1. Jibrael don’t blame Hon Jiir. We gave Ksh 800 million to Ahmed Jiis
2. RM’s don’t blame Hon Ahmed, We gave Ksh 600 million to Omar Somo
3. Ogaden don’t blame Hon Ahmed. We gave Ksh 1.2 billion to Ogles
4. Fardonow don’t blame Jiir, we promised Adow Bosho and Mude Ksh 100 million cash
5. Fai don’t blame the governor, we gave your share to Ina Indha Buur and Jeblows
6. Ajuran don’t blame us, you don’t have the money to execute any contract.
A look at Wajir county government’s books of accounts shows an administration that residents should at this early stage have no hope in. In the last one year, about KSh 2.2 billion have been stolen and misused in a massive cover-up that is orchestrated by the governor and his errand boys in the region.
So huge is the scam that the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission has been petitioned to unearth corruption never witnessed in such a scale since devolved system of governance came into play.