Via Dennis Onyango
We stand with the CORD position that President Uhuru Kenyatta is planning to steal the next elections using money and violence. A pattern similar to that seen in the ICC report ahead of 2007 elections has begun to emerge in the run up to 2017.
1. Potential principal actors are beginning to emerge.
2. Finances to buy the vote and fund violence are being mobilized through corruption.
3. The Eurobond billions and NYS millions that Jubilee cannot account for have gone into the election theft, rigging and violence kitty.
4. Potential point men for this violence are emerging. Suleiman Shahbal has emerged in the Coast.
5. The incumbents, President Uhuru and Deputy William Ruto are sending signals that they will not surrender because they have the money and the State power to enable them hang on by hook or crook.
6. A common plan is clearly being hatched.
7. The security forces especially the Police and the Judiciary are being roped in through illegal amendments to the Constitution that have now given the president powers to hire and fire the Inspector General of Police, the Chief Justice and the Deputy Chief Justice.
8. The National Youth Service is being modeled into a militia complete with military uniform to facilitate election and violence should need arise, on behalf of Jubilee.
9. On top of all these maneuvers, the IEBC is getting more opaque and its traditional lamentations of low funding getting louder again. A pattern is clearly emerging.