By Dennis Itumbi via FB
#SystemYaFacts – MigunaMiguna
1. A Lawyer had Miguna’s Canadian Passport.
2. Go back to Senior Counsel James Orengo application before Judge Odunga to have the State Facilitate the travel of TWO lawyers to Dubai to ” offer legal support to Miguna”
3. UAE told the Canadian Consulate General in Dubai to speak to Miguna and there were two options – Produce Canadian passport which was his travelling document or Jail.
4. Canadian official broke the news to Miguna over 24 hours ago and he was given deadline dated today.
5. Miguna organized for his passport to be delivered
6. At 10pm last night he was out of Dubai to Toronto, Canada.
Confirming the obvious, Miguna did not travel with an ID.
1. Check into Kenyan High Commission in Canada and fill relevant forms – or do it online
2. Fly back to Nairobi with Canadian Passport and agree to Visa condition for entry. Then process relevant documents from Kenyan soil – Huduma Centre would be of help
3. Like Justice Lenaola said in his 2014 decision on Citizenship, ” Dual Citizenship cannot be acquired by a petition to court at the first instance, the procudure for doing so is well set out in Section 8 of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act, cap 172.”
4. Justice Lenaola added, ” To argue that section 97 of the repealed Constitution is irrelevant is to ignore section 7 of the 6th Schedule to the Constitution. To further argue that applicable law pre-2010 is irrelevant to the determination of Citizenship today is MISCHIEVIOUS and MISGUIDED.
End of Story, really.