By Justus Atuti
A few things have happened in my motherland in the past few days that have caught me thinking. They are so well choreographed and well orchestrated.
1.Uhuru goes silently holed in Mombasa as Kenyan troops die in their numbers in Somalia under Alshabaab. He finally gives in and speaks out many days after.
2. He then goes ahead and speaks of acquiring Armoured Personnel Carriers, not for the army, but for the police, and before we know it, they are in the country, like they were already purchased and were on the highseas home. Nkaisery pretends to go abroad (Jordan) to purchase them…
3. Uhuru leads the AU leaders in Addis Ababa in walking out of the Rome Statute that houses the ICC, branding the ICC anti-African continent. It is the same meeting that Mugabe mannerlessly insults other sovereign nations including USA with unprintable words.
4. Bill is passed in parliament that allows Uhuru to appoint Chief justice, meanwhile a process to discredit supreme court is comment- Justice Tunoi is accused of bribery of 200 million, then it comes to 300 million, then 8 million and still the number shoots to 800million. At this point, Kenyans speak their mind. That, while Waititu demands a reconsideration of his case against Kidero, the case against the presidential election petition must be revisited too.
5. Uhuru’s community through their vernacular Radio Station, Kameme Fm incites and mobilises their community to come out in large numbers and register to vote in Nairobi so their own can capture the Nairobi governor seat as Nairobi is their heart and they can’t stand an “outsider” as governor.
6. Meanwhile, in Burundi the Burundians are still dying under Nkurunziza and AU seems to be slow in action as they come up with nothing tangible in their meeting in Ethiopia, like they are OK dogs dying. Uganda is spotted offloading ballot papers in Kigali under Kagame’s watch with the intention of rigging the Uganda election slated for this month, the election which seems to be going wrong for Museveni.
7. Uhuru’s government slashes the Electoral Commission (The IEBC) financial resources to guarantee a credible election as it revises the commission’s budget to the lower side.
All of these put together, I keep thinking. Uhuru Kenyatta is upto something. high chance their will be a bloody post election violence if a free and fair general election will not be seen to have been carried out in 2017. This if it ever happens will be very sad but knowing who Kenyans are, it will be a very interesting watch. I have seen pigs playing in the mud in 2017 as Uhuru and Nkaisery try their arm.
In the coming months, these are things to watch very closely….VERY INTERESTING MOVIE…
Well. Have a thoughtful week. As you take a bite, don’t forget tomorrow.