By Robert Alai via www.techmtaa.com
I have been a blogger for sometime now and I both love and enjoy it. It is not easy doing this because sometime you have to go out of your way and research on what you think people might love to hear. Writing it great but not easy especially with the grammar nazis, most being language failures who appease their spirits by criticising others grammar.
But all in all, let me make it very clear,You need not be a great writer to be a great blogger. It is just the same as you needing not being a great crammer to pass your exams.
You donâ€™t need great grammar skills to be a great blogger. Again if you are the worst writer, donâ€™t consider blogging as a career. You need to be in between there. You need to be between great and worst.
As a full time blogger and social media enthusiast, I literally live on blogs. I log off on my desktop, pick my laptop to access some few apps and then when I log off to lounge and watch some TV, I find myself using apps like Flipboard just to check on other blogs. I find those who use conventional ways of narrating stories or writing stories boring. There are those who are not even good with spellings or Â grammar but their ways of telling stories makes you enjoy it whether they get the spellings right or not.
There are some tips which might encourage you to be a better blogger while you are not a great writer.
1. Who is reading your blog? You need to create or target and existing market. You canâ€™t write for everyone. You need to look at whether you want the corporates, cools jamaaz or just diaperkidsÂ to read your blog. As long as your target market enjoys what you write, Donâ€™t waste lots of strength trying to please theÂ trespassers. They tumbled on your blog without being invited nor targeted. They should sort themselves out. You main guests are happy so the gate-crashers should really check for the leftovers.
2. Be Creative. Be creative in thoughts. As a tech writer, sometimes I just walk around and see what people are doing with the technology which deserve a mention. If I donâ€™ put it on the blog, I will share it on Twitter and Facebook. The how-toâ€™s write-ups really help a lot. Most of the people looking for information on blogs needs also see their issues solved. The how-toâ€™s sort most of them up.
3. Use Catchy and Appealing Headlines.Â Let your headlines not be boring. I was once accused by a blogger turned corporate prostitute that I love sensational stories. I thought for myself how foolish the guy was and since at one time he mentioned that he believes that a local media gossip blog was his favourite, I asked myself. WTF!! Gossip of whatever nature rides onÂ sensationalism. You find me sensational and so you would not comment or react but what make you wet your pants is sensational news. Mhhhâ€¦ We need some schooling. Seriously!!
4. Add Some Multimedia Content. You need to add some images and videos to make you use fewer words. Pictures and videos tell a lot. Sometimes a single picture is just worth a million words. Use them well and you will be surprised how much hits they attract. My most popular stories are the ones which have videoâ€™s or pics accompanying them.
5. Blog about what you know. There is nothing as embarrassing as trying to be a wannabe. You need not start blogging about tech just because you see others blog about it. I have seen some very pedestrian thoughts about all tech ideas from all the wannabes everywhere. If you are an Arts specialist, stick to arts. If you studied architecture, its best you talk about what you studied or if you have a passion elsewhere, blog about it. Donâ€™t be a joy rider. You will never succeed as a blogger by being a joyrider. Â Writing what you know makes you generate great content.
6. Maintain Your Style. You need not change your style to please those who are no in your niche market.Â When you do as many blog posts regularly, that is as important as someone who writes one post he reviews 500 times before posting online. A talent in writing is noÂ necessaryÂ for perseverance.
7. Seek help from a great write. You might want to seek help from an accomplished writer to better your blogging. You might join a journalism club or simply use social outings as a way of interacting with great writers. When you are alone, you are bound to ignore most of the mistakes. An extra eye on your blog might just help you sort the grammar and spellings you get wrong.
What do you think of the above tips?
Read more of Robert’s stories by following this link http://www.techmtaa.com/2012/01/31/how-to-become-a-great-blogger-when-you-are-a-poor-writer/