By Janet Mwikali-White
News released by President Kenyatta’s Chief of Staff suggest that the president had to cancel an important trip to the US due to security concerns over the Yemeni airspace.
Its disturbing that the President’s security would be handled like a “pub bouncing agency” business. I can tell you for free that even bouncers at the old Klubhouse would do a better job than the one that Uhuru advisers are doing.
There’s absolutely no excuse to fly over the airspace of a war-torn country, not even Ukraine. We are a nation that loves shortcuts, and operate casually with total disregard to attention to detail. This presidential jet is not only piloted, but also managed by the region’s premiere Air Force. And that they would oversight the obvious, surely doesn’t make sense to me.
Kenyans aren’t stupid, and will rely on common sense, rather than buy hollow explanations from PSCU directors intent on hoodwinking Kenyans through propaganda. Take it from us; we don’t buy that explanation which has a lot of gaps.I just don’t buy the idea that the military planners who understand military hardware range capabilities, would send the president into a “death-field”. Sounds like a coup-plot to me. After letting Kenyans die like flies, these corrupt security brats may be after your own jugular Mr. President! Watch your back!
Which brings me to what I think happened.
1. Uhuru Forgot his Passport: and was afraid of the embarrassment of having to explain himself when entering the US or some of those connecting countries. Wetangula who faced a closer predicament would have celebrated. He probably remembered forgetting his passport while above the Ethiopian skies. They would have asked, how on earth can a man entrusted with an entire country forget his passport like a diaorganized dude? But does that surprise you about H E, who has now gotten used to having everything carried for him? But you see people can do things for you, but there are red lines they wont cross. Like we all expect that H.E will clean his own lingerie, or even keep his own passport, ID, and personal credit card.
2. Visa cancellation: This is highly unlikely, but you cant rule it given the serious criminal records in his background, yet Bensouda didn’t withdraw the case because Uhuru was innocent, but “without prejudice to bring back those charges at a later date”. And so Uhuru may never even have left the Kenyan airspace, and acted like he left, with an entire entourage in tow, simply because it would have been a shame to have failed to go due to visa reasons, after preaching to all and sundry that he is headed to the US ahead of Obama visit.
Its always so shameful when visa is denied after making everyone believe that you are headed to the US. Most of you readers have been there. I know you are asking yourselves how come he went to the US during the US-Africa summit. But the facts are that even the worst African dictators were treated to a red carpet at the White House. As such, the US Africa Summit was an essential trip organised by the Whitehouse. This Milken Global Institute trip may as well have been graced by a Junior Cabinet Secretary, like Eng. Karanja Kibicho or CS Matiangi.
3. Sabotage; we all realize that the patterns of antipathy towards UK are also evident in Kenya’s military, and someone may have deliberately designed the “ill-fated route” to set the Airforce top brass for failure.
Samuel Thuita as the Air-force Commander may have been sabotaged, because he would be the natural favorite to “the Presidency”, and probably the defacto CDF, with Gen. Mwathethe as just a pawn to portray a national image in a greater more complex power structure in the military. As a man hailing from an ODM stronghold, I doubt Mwathethe would feel comfortable with Thuita just a rung below him, and there may be a desire to clip “Thuita’s wings” by sabotaging him through this scheme.
And you never know, the sabotage may even involve sending the Presidential jet into volatile territory as part of an Egyptian style military takeover. That too cant be ruled out. If this is true, then those saboteurs, ought to be charged with attempted murder on the President, a treasonable felony under the penal code of Justice.
4. Paranoia of Okoa Kenya launch: The president may have decided to give up his travel for fear of Okoa Kenya dominating the headlines while he was away.
The President didn’t want to go at all: Yes, its literal. My crystal ball tells me UK may not have wanted to go in the first place, and wanted to look as though he was determined, but had all along planned to skip going to the US. And so a clandestine manufacture of a hoax was hatched.
5. Fell ill: It could be the man begun throwing up, and his handlers got scared, and wanted to fly him back for treatment.We all have bad days, and sometimes we may experience hang overs or serious stomach issues which may mimic a critical health situation.
6. Uniting the nation: We all remember Bush’s 911 moment and how it united the Americans. Spin things to make it seem as though the President’s own life is under threat from terror. We saw this with the media propaganda launched by the NSAC which paraded a mad man of Somali origin who is being accused of plotting to blow up Uhuru’s Gatundu “gathingra”. This had the effect of uniting the nation in solidarity and the president.
It all comes down to a President who has been grossly let down. And am daring the PSCU Directors to come out and deny whether what they said was just a spin. More to Follow in this unraveling story:
Janet Mwikali White is a security analyst based in USA, she comments on topical issues