By Hon John Mbadi
Never in the history this great nation has so much ridicule been imposed on it by the presidency as we are witnessing under the fumbling, struggling and failing Jubilee Administration. We cannot agree with our Party Leader, Raila Odinga more that the country is headed for collapse unless the President undertakes a radical shake up of his government or even wind it up.
The acts of shame that Jubilee Administration has visited on our nation are legion, some of which are:
1. At no one time has the president of the Republic of Kenya or any Sovereign nation been forced to turn mid air back into the country, in the dark of the night, allegedly over route clearance failures, after being seen off by his Principal Assistant, the Deputy President and the Chief of Defence Staff. We have witnessed it for the first time under Jubilee.If commercial airlines and private jets can get their routings right and navigate the Middle East airspace, surely a state aircraft can do much better. That our government could not is a manifestation of monumental failure that should make the administration officials walk with heads bowed and apologize to Kenyans if the have any decency.
2. At no one time has so many of our children been so mercilessly butchered as happened early this month in Garissa, so soon after the Westgate ignominy while the Government fumbled in Nairobi. And what happens after the murders? Nothing. No apology, no inquiry. Just business as usual. Instead, the Jubilee government is speaking of â€œTwo Years of Progress.â€ All responsible governments protect their youth. Ours happily spectate atthe theatre of their massacre.
3. Kenyans were promised a border protection force to keep us safe, not a wall to keep the tender entrepreneurs moneyed. Kenyans were promised that where there are no jobs, signposts will sprout saying KUNA KAZI. Today, the tourism industry has almost totally collapsed. No new project is coming up other than the LAPSSET, the highways and Standard Gauge Railway initiated by the Grand Coalition. Kenyans are ever worried about jobs.
4. Never in the history of Kenya have we seen a President that has no regard for the Rule of Law and with such a developed appetite for violating the Constitution. The ill-fated edict to recruit police trainees in blatant contempt of court order, and the attempt to force unconstitutional Security Law down the throats of Kenyans are but two cases in point.
5. We were promised zero tolerance to corruption and protection to our farmers. Corruption now waters the taproots of Jubilee government. Today, the sugar barons are back in business, working in cahoots with criminals along our border with Somalia and criminals in Kismayu, who in turn finance the killing of our people.Instead of decisively confronting corruption, the Jubilee Administration has resorted to dismantling the anti-corruption institutions. As they pepper over old corruption, new ones like the Karen land, Waitiki farm saga, and ownership of the Integrity Centre are sprouting up.
6. We know no regime in Kenya, even under the colonial State of Emergency or brutal one party dictatorship, that threw teargas on children whose sole crime was to try to save their playground from a greedy private developer run amok. Only Jubilee has done it here. Only the Apartheid regime did it in South Africa during the Soweto Massacre. Only Jean BedelBokassa did it in the Central African Republic. No explanations and no prosecutions. Just frantic attempts to conceal the real grabber. Real leaders don’t steal from children. Real leaders don’t send police to primary school children. But to Jubilee, the teargassing of children, the murder of students are just part of the â€œTwo Years of Progressâ€ to be extolled on social media. The Kenyan people say â€œNo.â€
7. No regime has lied to our young children as Jubilee gang has done. Two years down the line, no laptops. Because the â€œtendertrepreneursâ€ saw no cut in the project, they decided to kill it. A regime that lies to a class one child is an evil administration, a failed regime. Real leaders don’t lie to their children.
8. Today, Garissa University College is closed, its former students dispatched to other campuses across the country. Garissa Medical Training College is closed after the government admitted it cannot guarantee studentsâ€™ security. Migori Teachers Training College is closed because of security fears. Never have witnessed this in our history. Only in Kabul in Afghanistan and Mogadishu in Somalia have we heard of such incidents. Progressive leaders protect learning jealously.
9. Never in our history since the ShiftaWar have we faced the risk of losing such a huge chunk of our territory as is now the case in northern Kenya today.
10. Never in the history of this nation have we been treated to endless public relation charade as we have witnessed under jubilee. Stage shows like the recent tabling of the so-called corruption List of Shame, and yesterdayâ€™s announcement of parastatal appointments of failed politicians and bureaucrats (mambo niyaleyale).
The list of failures and lies is endless. This house has collapsed. The Jubilee Administration has become a huge millstone around the necks of Kenyans. It has brought shame and indignity to our people. Nobody expects any good from Jubilee government now. If you can’t do it in one year, you will not do it in 100 years. Only a radical shake up or resignation by Jubilee will do.
Dated in Nairobi, this 28th April 2015
Hon. John Mbadi
NATIONAL CHAIRMAN, ODM.