1. Hearings rushed. Kethi’s team taken completely by surprise
2. Comissioner Letangule, the head of the tribunal obviously hostile towards Kethi’s lawyers
3. Objections based on the fact that documents needed from IEBC are crucial for defense overruled
4. Witness 1 paraded….needs to refer to the document to even tell where he lives
5. Kethi’s lawyer questions witness one on how he knew of Kethi’s ineligibility
6. Commissioner Letangule urges Kethi’s lawyer on to move past her questions. An irritated Kethi’s lawyer insists on asking the questions
7. CORD Lawyers were visibly angered by the ambush. Kajwang was literally shouting orders at the client while Kethi’s lawyer’s anger was visible from her eyes
8. Witness 1 unable to explain how he became privy to the information regarding lack of registration by Kethi. It takes a mischievous lawyer to get the witness to point out the section of the affidavit.
9. The commission overlooks claims that Witness 1 is being provided with questions. Objections by Kethi’s lawyer overruled.
10. Commissioner Letangule makes fun of Kethi’s lawyer while overruling her objection.
11. Second witness, Hon. Ndetei is paraded. She claims that IEBC admitted that Kethi was not on the register. The source of her information: rumours in Makueni. She then did a search and got the information that Kethi’s name is not in the register.
12. Kajwang interrogates Ndetei. Her affidavits state that she was informed of all the facts by the Jubilee coalition secretary of legal affairs. This is contrary to her assertion that she obtained the information from IEBC.
13. Hon. Ndetei points out that Lawyer Mbiuki was the source of information. Suggestions are made that Mbiuki should disqualify himself as an advocate and be a witness in the case.
14. Hon. Ndetei claims to have interrogated the voter’s register: the hard copy of the voter’s register.
15. Kethi’s lawyer Ms. Soweto interrogates. She asks why Hon. Ndetei has been seeing Kethi’s mother. She admits that she was consulting with Kethi’s mother to lobby for Kethi to have Kethi run on a Jubilee ticket.
16. Kethi’s mother says that either Kethi or Mutula Junior could take up the Jubilee tickets….only for her to hear later that Kethi was to run in Wiper.
17. Hon. Ndetei admits to having looked for Kethi in her house and spent 2 hours without seeing her. Her intention was to talk to Kethi to run for the seat in any party in Jubilee.
18. 3 complainants shy away and withdraws the rest of the witnesses. This prompts Kethi to be summoned
IT DOES NOT REQUIRE ROCKET SCIENCE TO KNOW WHERE THIS IS GOING.