By Nephat Kinyua
Several government institutions have been allegedly compromised and joined the fray to fight governor Ali Joho for simple reason that he stood his ground to defend the rights of residents of Coast region.
The historical injustices against Coast region are no secret with land being on top of the list. That the Kenyatta family owns half of Taveta county and several beach front prime properties is no secret.
Now, for standing up against Jubilee excesses, for standing up for devolution the following state agencies and media are leading the war on Joho. The system is up against Joho and the captain is non other than Uhuru himself the man who took oath of office to defend the constitution;
1. Statehouse is fighting Joho through Uhuru and Ruto (they have made it personal, its no longer political). Uhuru himself made this clear while on a tour of Mombasa county three weeks ago. Head of presidential escourt was dispatched to block governor Joho from attending a public function where the president was launching an a 50 year old Ferry at Mtongwe.
2. Mt Kenya owned media houses, Nation Media and RMS/Citizen- The two leading media houses are accused ofpublishing for mass circulation propaganda stories cooked by state Spy agency NIS, best example is the fake letter purported to have originated from Kenya National Examination Council
2. Office of the president/Ministry of Interior via Nelson Marwa. The Interior minsitry is accused of leading the witch hunt, Nelson Marwa the coast regional coordinator has issued many illegal directives aimed at undermining Governor Joho.
3. Minstry of education via Kenya National Examination Council is accused of being used to spread falsehoods on the authenticity of Governor Joho’s academic credentials.
4. The Police mainly the CID, AP and GSU. It is the GSU officers gurding Uhuru that were sent to block Joho from attending a public function at Mtongwe, it was the GSU and AP officers that were sent to disperse legally assembled political rallies at Kinango and Lunga Lunga in Kwale County
5. State Spy agency the NIS (top key officers are in the lead cooking ploting on how to bring Joho down)
6. Kenya Revenue Authority; this is the most abused organ in the fight against Joho. in 2015/16 KRA closed down Joho family business at the port of Mombasa.
7. The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission EACC
More agencies will be getting a call from a top statehouse operative today to join the fray to finish Joho.
Never mind Governor Joho has survived some of these machinations. In 2012/2013 the state was all over branding Joho as a drug baron, well this came ton pass after his extensive tour of the USA at the invitation of Department of Homeland Security and Department of State (equivalent of our Interior Ministry and also Foreign Affairs respectively)
Remember Joho university degree saga? well, Kampala International University had to confirm to the world that Joho’s degree is valid.
Well, it is obvious some state agencies have been compromised to fight governor Joho. Question to every Kenya; is this fair? what if they come for you as an individual? Are we funding these agencies to be used for personal fights? Can we trust our institutions?