By D D
If the Cholera had hit Raila’s Spectre…
1. Government would have quarantined the place and shut it down.
2. Government Spokesman Eric Kiraithe with his heavy Mt Kenya accent would have turned himself into a Cholera expert, giving hourly updates on how the government is handling the situation.
3. Ministry of Health would have sponsored adverts on all TV stations on how to Prevent Cholera. They would also have said how this and that regulation wasn’t complied with. So far, they’ve maintained studious silence.
4. All Media would have been mobilized and paid for by Tuju to camp outside the facility, each station giving blow by blow updates, including names of the cholera patients and their stations in life…and contrasting them the image of Raila Odinga (especially when resting his eyes during rallies) …akina Jackie Maribe.
5. DP Ruto would have used situation in every rally, referring to Raila as “yule jamaa wa kipindupindu”.
6. Little Central Kenya citizens here online would have been hard on Luo dirty foreskins and fish as the cause of the outbreak, with the rider that this cursed community will never lead Kenya.
7. I haven’t mentioned Moses Kuria, Kimani Ichungwa, Kimani Wamatangi, Nyokabi, Sabina, Mwaura, Duale, Murkomen. In fact, Duale would have held a press conference…
But the good thing is that it would not have mattered; we Luos have learnt to have it all in; and out, and move on with our lives.
“….It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair…,” ~ Charles Dickens (A tale of two Cities)