Here are some of the a few nuggets to watch out for:
1. This IEBC is a merry-go-round that won’t end before the next election. Resolving the constitution took us a few election cycles.
2. Which means IEBC may not go home.
3. And if they do go home, Jubilee will want to make the electoral process so weak, plus attempt to short-change Cord at every stage to block any rig-proof electoral process…
4. In essence 2017 election will be illegitimate, unless an internationally certified process is in place. Kenya is so important a nation to be allowed to go down the drain. And so major world capitals may step in for sure
5. My opinion is that we will end up with several scenarios:-
i] UN-supervised election
ii] delayed 2017 election, with probably push for
iii] a transitional government, headed by a neutral individual with sole mandate to organize credible elections acceptable to either parties , while also thrashing out contentious issues that remained unresolved by the 2010 constitution. Mutunga, Maina Kiai, Githongo, Makau Mutua, Prof Ole Kiyapi, Dr. Shem Ochuodho, Dr Mukhisa Kituyi, Dr Matiang’, Dr Ekuru Aukot, PLO Lumumba would be acceptable transitional heads of State, without raw ambition just guessing
iii] a transitional government, headed by a neutral individual with sole mandate to organize credible elections acceptable to either parties , while also thrashing out contentious issues that remained unresolved by the 2010 constitution.
iv] Uhuru may decline to cede power to an internationally mid-wifed transitional organ.
v] And in an attempt to cling to power beyond his constitutional term, which ends in Aug 2017, a police state may ensue as arrogant Jubilee unleashes violence against CORD supporters resulting in massive genocide as the state metes out extrajudicial killings against its people.
vi] Then Uhuru and Ruto, becomes fugitives- with Bensouda in hot pursuit- But ICC has their fingerprints, they have nowhere to hide.
vii] The world this time better understands the mistakes of the last cases, this time, the Kenyan genocide cases will be watertight
As we talk, I bet you some smooth operator is documenting the killings of innocent CORD supporters.