By Hon Alfred Keter
1. â€œThe Presidentâ€™s claims that I was not consulted over the appointment of Ms Waiguru as Cabinet secretary are not only laughable, but ridiculousâ€.
2. â€œHe (President) should be reminded that as Parliament, we debated Ms Waiguruâ€™s appointment and approved herâ€.
3. â€œI donâ€™t expect a person of the Presidentâ€™s stature to discuss my individual character in public. He should concentrate on his executive roles and leave Parliament to play its oversight role. We will not accept to be used as rubber stampsâ€.
4. â€œShe (CS Waiguru) should do the honourable thing and step aside to give independent bodies a chance to investigate herâ€.
5. â€œIf she (CS Waiguru) is indeed innocent, she will get back her Cabinet job. Her continued stay in the ministry will jeopardise investigationsâ€.