Here are the five points #TeamMosesKajwang’s’ lead blogger Lee Makwiny gave as to why the nominations had to abort:
The election in homabay had to abort for the following reasons;
1. The disputed list of delegates. There was no way there was going to be any agreement on the bonafide list of delegates. Majority of the elected leaders, who lean towards Kalausi never recognised the leadership of Kajwang. They are still fighting him to his grave.
2. The Kalausi factor. Regardless of the outcome of the nominations, the Kalausi reality was still bound to happen. The moneyed Kalausi was still going to flex their muscles.
3. Awiti vs Suba factor – There is a strong feeling that a strong candidate from Suba will run for the governorship in 2017. Based on the previous agreements, Suba was to take senator. However, there is a strong feeling that as long as the senator is from Suba, it’s almost impossible for him to win.
4. The Mr. Money Bags – The contest for homabay Senate attracted some of the filthy rich guys from Nyanza. Karoli has all the money. Rabong has it. Okundi has it. So, if you bring MIB from Ruaraka, they bring HOTLINE from I don’t know where. In short, money factor played a big role.
5. The last factor is external interference. I can tell you there are people out there who are out to embarrass Jakom.
This is my opinion. You have yours.
Well, Scola Ojuka thinks Lee is economical with the truth and full of half truths, here is her version of the story
The truth is that team Kajwang’ underrated their opponents and took so long to hit the ground, this gave candidates they considered fringe a free pass to make their case to the electorate.
By failing to attend the county consultative forum that was convened by elders, local party leadership, opinion leaders and the general electorate Moses Kajwang’ confirmed to people of Homa Bay that he was too elitist confident that the party ticket was more of a right to him than a contest.
Surely WHO FAILS to attend a meeting called by elders? word in Homa Bay streets is that the elders and branch party officials were not happy by Moses snubbing their meeting, silently they vowed to teach him a political lesson and that is why most candidates did not bother to pick his calls and only show up later and could not commit even after he dished Kshs 5,000.
The common county boy Silas Jakakimba whose family is not elite arrived in the county earlier, he attended the local consultative forum took the elders and the public through the constitution and explained the role of the senate vis vis devolution. He wowed the elders to say the least.
Jakakimba knows the county very well having attended the local secondary school, he has previously represented Prime Minister Odinga in many local functions and therefore many delegates were happy to see and meet him. In the end, most delegates had vowed to exploit all the rich candidates but vote Jakakimba, the ordinary Jakakimba who is as ordinary as their own sons.
After #Team Kajwang’ sensing defeat from commoner Jakakimba they had no choice BUT to disrupt the exercise confident that elections board will nominate Moses to carry the party mantle in the 2FEB by election.
But seriously, how much can Raila do for the Kajwang’ family? TJ Kajwang is an MP in Ruaraka simply because his older brother the late Senator made sure he got the ODM ticket. Moses should position himself as a potential Mbita MP, let him go to the ground, re-open the late senator’s network and prove to the people that he deserves an elective position not because of his family name BUT for what he can do to the community.
If the party insists on giving Kajwang the ticket then there is a danger that the area may revolt and capitalizing on the massive cash flowing via Kalausi and TNA who really knows what can happen! Hope Homa Bay can get their wish granted by ODM – NEB!