KATIBA DAY 2015: BUNGE LA MWANANCHI LOBBY GROUP MEMO TO THE PRESIDENT UHURU KENYATTA
1. Mr President, you constitute the single biggest threat to our constitution and the realization of its promise by the People of Kenya.
2. You have implemented a deliberate policy for the return of an imperial presidency in Kenya by ignoring the Constitution and subverting its intention with the sole hope that you can rule the country in the manner and fashion of your father, Founding President Jomo Kenyatta.
3. You have manipulated Parliament to frustrate it from acting as an effective check on the presidency, abusing your parliamentary majority to frustrate our dreams.
4. You are intent on emasculating County Governments and have deliberately failed to surrender devolved functions and their budgets to the counties. You have equally deliberately failed to consult them when you should and declared war on the Senate, which is mandated to safeguard counties.
5. You continue to pay lip service to Chapter Six of the Constitution and have allowed corruption and lack of ethics and integrity to be the hallmark of your administration. You refuse to be guided by the principles of leadership including objectivity and impartiality in decision making, and ensuring that decisions are not influenced by nepotism, favouritism and other improper motives or corrupt practices.
6. You continue to undermine chapter six of the Constitution on Integrity by using your office to advance personal business interest. Such behaviour openly violates the Public Officers Ethics Act. ”
7. You government still refuse to comply with the requirements of Article 251 on the principles of public finance and recently officials are reported as refusing to account for Ksh. 67 Billion.
8. You continue to make public appointments to favour only two communities thereby pursuing a policy of marginalization and exclusion and refuse to prioritise the development of any region unless they swear allegiance to you.