My assessment of the Fox News GOP debate:
1. Trump. Failed to explain his vision as president. Beginning of end to his lead in polls. Remember Newt Gingrich?
2. Kasich. Went for the populist doctrine and played the Democrats tune yet he has a deep conservative past.
However, a break out night for him.
3. Carson. Very short on substance though he became lively towards the end.
4. Cruz. Looked confused on whether he has debating in an interview for presidency or debating on the senate floor.
5. Bush. Did not do enough to make people forget his brother.
6. Walker. Looked tense and scripted.
7. Rubio. A good closing statement though his stumble on abortion question did not do well to win most conservatives
8. Huckabee. Was strong on his opposition to planned parenthood though this may not attract votes from Democrats.
9. Paul. Was cornered by Christie and he never recovered from then.
10. Christie. He appealed to the emotions of the people by tapping into his role as prosecutor in the aftermath of 9-11.
Overall, and in my opinion, Ohio governor, John Kasich won the debate. Eloquent, has a plan, and is willing to move to the center on some issues.