By Paul Musyimi
Governor Mike Sonko’s eight steps to end land grabbing in Nairobi
_“I undertake to dismantle all the land grabbing cartels within the shortest time possible.”_ GOVERNOR SONKO.
1. Governor Sonko *invited the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission to investigate cases of land grabbing* at Racecourse Primary School, Eastleigh hawkers market and Mwariro market.
2. Governor Sonko *named and shamed the top three (3) land grabbers in Nairobi,* namely, Kidero’s Cousin Emanuel Okello, Kidero’s Lawyer Tom Onyango and Raju Sanghani.
3. Governor Sonko *fired 15 officials from legal department linked to a land grabbing syndicate* and send another over 200 staff on compulsory leave to give way to land grabbing investigations.
4. Governor Sonko *repossessed the grabbed City Park Land and demolished illegal Private Structures encroaching on County land* including Kangundo Road Market land.
5. Governor Sonko *formed a multi-agency team to make recommendations for repossessing grabbed County Land* and tasked the Lands CEC to lead efforts to dismantle land grabbing cartels in City Hall.
6. Governor Sonko *acquired the Title Deed of the formerly grabbed 30-Acre Dandora Dumpsite Land* paving way for the Power Plant project which had stalled for decades.
7. Governor Sonko *waived land rates for all religious organizations in Nairobi following a request by clerics* being targeted by land grabbers purporting to claim land rates for the County.
8. Governor Sonko *facilitated the processing of over 50,000 land titles which are in the process of being issued to land owners* having stalled since the 70s and 80s and is also in the process of digitizing land records in Nairobi.
_“I pledge to work overtime to ensure that cases of land grabbing in Nairobi becomes a thing of the past.”_ *Kudos Governor for ending land grabbing in Nairobi County in 8 months.*