By Ngetich Tuiya
Four Things You Didn’t Know about Moses Kuria
Moses Kuria has always been in limelight as he is always covered by media. He is a controversial public figure who has been at time making sentiments which many Kenyans regards as hate speech. Below are things you didn’t know about the Gatundu South elected Member of Parliament.
Early life and Education
Moses Kuria was born in 1971 at his rural home. He attended Githuya Primary School in Gatundu and he completed his proimary education in 1983. He joined Ituru Secondary School where he sat for his secondary education examination in 1887. He then joined University of Nairobi where he pursued Bachelor of Commerce.
In 1995, Moses Kuria was employed in Standard Chartered Bank as the head of business re-engineering process. He is alleged that he played an important role in bank’s transformation process. However, in 1999, Kuria resigned in his job and look for another job outside the country. He flew to Al Rajhi Bank in Saudi Arabia where he became the manager of business process re-engineering.
Moses Kuria had stated that the case which was faced by Deputy President William Ruto and radio presenter Joshua Sang was politically organized. Kuria made the allegetions at the prayer rally on Sunday, July September 20,where he revealed that together with Martha Karua they coached witnesses to testify against Ruto and Sang
Journey to Parliament and his political life
Moses Kuria became The National Alliance (TNA) officer in charge of strategy in 2013. In 2014, he joined Gatundu South as MP during a by-election.
Additional lines By Kenya Today Team
Now, How about Things that he doesnt want you know?
1. Allegedly his company used to run Social Media accounts (communication consultancy for Interior Ministry and got paid millions during Ole Lenku’s tenure- may be they are still under Ole Nkaisirry
2. Alleged to be involved in some soft scandal at NHIF – something to do with social media consulting
3. Perpetually interrupted the Justice Kriegler commission as a PNU spokesman
4. In person he is a good man, BUT projects himself to media as an evil man and defender of Uthamaki- all for politics
5. He once served as student leader at University of Nairobi- SONU Treasurer (his year mates are APC Ponge, Kwamchetsi Makoha etc)