By K Opanga via FB
Uhuru’s ship of state is in turbulent seas. Witness the following:
1) Will teachers invigilate and mark national exams if the matter of their pay remains unresolved? Highly unlikely.
2) Does he fight teachers’ unions to the ground, which could extend the strike into 2016? Jubilee hawks want that. But the teaching fraternity is a huge political constituency.
3) When will he appoint ministers to replace those fingered in relation to graft or reappoint those cleared? This is a cause of tension in the governing coalition.
4) Why did he close down private schools because of a strike by public school teachers? Private schools may go to court.
5) What does he do to stem the widespread perception that he is shielding Ms Waiguru from investigations into loss of public money?
6) The ICC case against his Deputy continues to roil the URP wing of the governing coalition and may stymie the merger with TNA to create JAP.
7) The impeachment motion if it happens Will be nasty, polarising and energy sapping. The opposition will not win but it will have thrown everything, including the kitchen sink at government.
8) What became of parastatal reform? Was it shelved? Directors were appointed but not CEOs so some boards are incomplete and cannot transact business.
9) The citizenry appears persuaded grand corruption has run rampant in both national and county governments. This is negatively impacting service delivery and devolution.
10) The laptop project focuses attention on what has not been delivered by the governing coalition.
The president can’t rest easy, can he?