THE CHRONOLOGY OF MR ODINGA MISTREATMENT IN NYERI COUNTY.
1. On Wednesday morning, the Chief of Staff in The Office of The President, Mr Nzioka Waita through the official presidential email, invited Mr Odinga for Madaraka Day celebration.
2. The Official Spokesperson to Mr Odinga, Dennis Onyango confirmed Mr Odinga’s cordial reception of the invitation and released official communique asserting Mr Odinga’s attendance.
3. On the fateful day, Odinga arrived with his official motorcade and GK chase car together with his 23 elite GSU security team but were forced to divert to the civilians gate and alight from their cars by the Statehouse security team and walk.
4. In total breach of his security protocol, Mr Odinga was compelled to use the public gate with civilians hence exposing him to unprecedented and existential security threat.
5. As the third most protected leader after Uhuru and Ruto, his security team had to form a block ring VIP guard around him to thwart any potential security threat.
6. On reaching the VIP dias, there was no preserved seat for the official Opposition Chief, forcing his security to look for one, but in futility.
7. Mr John Kavuludi, the NPSC boss volunteered his seat to Odinga, despite a junior county executive officer of Nyeri siting beside him. Kavuludi’s security guard had to look for another seat for his boss.
8. Sitting on the third row behind Speaker Justin Muturi, Hon Nkaissery and Hon Aden Duale, he was obstructed and not even a single leader from the State acknowledged his presence.
9. The caretaker Nyeri Governor, Ambassador Wamathai snubbed him and openly campaigned for the president during an official state function and so did the DP whose speech was laced with political undertones.
10. On rising to the mic, the president turned the event into a Jubilee rally castigating the opposition on such a function through sweetly waxed words.
11. Apparently he called for fostering of national unity but failed to accord Mr Odinga the decency and respect he deserves as a revered statesman who commands a countrywide support.
12. Mr Odinga has however today, unequivocally avouched that he holds no vengeance against anyone and that let the president and his surrogates be judged in the court of public opinion.
From the look of things and how the events unfolded, it is crystal clear that the whole thing was choreographed by the state to embarrass Mr. Odinga.