By Albert Nyakundi Amenya
After successfully stage-managing the Machakos Kiosk drama, Uhuru Kenyatta decided to pull another stunt. I only thought it was African footballers who reduced their ages so that they can play professional football for long. I thought it was only Nigerian actors who are capable of faking cries!!
President Kenyatta in one of his PR exercises pulled another stunt that left me mesmerized. This time around, he took a twenty something year old woman and dressed her like a primary school tutee. The “student” pretended to be crying when the president was approaching and the president stopped and asked her to come and shake his hand. Now!! there are a few questions that remain unanswered:
1. What business does the President have with someone crying on the roadside?
2. How keen was the president until he noticed that a “student” amidst the crowd was crying because of him?
3. when you take a painstaking look at the face of the so called student, does she look like someone below 18? if it were during my mother’s time, I could agree.
5. When you look at the girl’s face, is that a genuine cry where griefing or joying?
6. Finally, how come they did not sponsor the so called student to come to TV so that we can see her just like they did to that other impostor from Mayakos
Hii ni MWANAMKE mzima bwana anafaa aolewe…
Whoever advising Uhuru Kenyatta must stop these theatrics and tell him to get serious and address insecurity, Economy and hunger in parts of Rift Valley & North Eastern.