10 issues for uhuru Kenyatta to reflect on for the next heroes day:
By Wafula Buke
1. On Pio Gama Pinto (Advice: Uhuru don’t mention that name again): The late Hon Mirugi Kariuki told us what Jaramogi told him and james Orengo. “One day while attending a cabinet meeting, Jomo Kenyatta complained loudly on Pinto. ‘You mean there is nobody here who can deal with this Indian for me’. Two ministers stood up (names withheld); “We shall deal with that matter sir” they spoke and sat. Two days later, Pinto was gunned down. Who did it? The TJRC report says it all: “The state killed Pinto”.
2. On Kenyatta’s Link to Independence and maumau: (Uhuru, note that Kenyatta was a Mole. Colonialists hanged Dedan Kimaathi and started grooming your father to betray us) Kenyatta was kidnapped in the 50s by the maumau and taken to the forest to explain why he was against them. “He urinated in his trousers as he pleaded to be forgiven” Prof Maina wa Kinyati told me that and one of the judges in the forest trial, Bildad Kiggia confirmed that to Ntai wa Nkuraru and myself in his posho mill at Makutano in 1997.
3. Why Jomo Kenyatta had a broken tooth. (Uhuru, here is what you may never have known about your father’s dental formula) The Maumau Urban Guerrilla commander, Kariuki Chotara, shocked by Kenyatta’s dismissal of the maumau struggle when they met in jail, gave Jomo Kenyatta a blow breaking his tooth. Ngei ran to the old man’s rescue. Kariuki and Makhan Sing remained in prison after independence for another year before they were released by Kenyatta for obvious reasons. Kenyatta was a consistent colonial project.
4. On Tom Mboya (Uhuru, don’t mention Mboya again). Good Honesty that Uhuru left him out of the list of heroes. A former Assistant Minister from Mt Kenya told us that Mboya called him when he was in Ethiopia complaining “why does …want to kill me?” the Asst Minister called state house then to enquire and was told “Leave that squirrel alone” when he came back, he was killed. The Assassin, Peter Njenga said it all when he was about to be hanged “Why don’t you go after the big man? Uhuru’s father. Uhuru has to put him among others.
5. On JM Kariuki: The Boy Kenyatta initially loved was killed by his gang for advancing the maumau agenda of liberation. The TJRC report says the same. The uhuru govt is yet to employ a member of the JM family and I can bet my big salary, he will never mention that holy name.
6. On Uhuru’s illusion of prosperity after independence. According to TJRC Commissioner Margret Shava, one of the illegal alterations in the TJRC report was the reference to Jomo Kenyatta as “The Chief Land-grabber” The Kenyatta Government appropriated the fruits of independence to uhuru and his siblings and altered the rallying call of the maumau struggle from “Uhuru na Mashamba” to “Uhuru na Kazi” This displacements founded the current slums and the jigger menace in his backyard.
7. On the 2nd liberation heroes (Uhuru, stop the hypocrisy). Uhuru leaves out the real casualties of the war and picks the least wounded. Ngugi wa Thiong’o (our ideological father) was detained by uhuru’s father and when he came back from exile recently, their GEMA conspiracy committed the most unforgivable crimes I can’t mention here. Prof Wangare Maathai was denied a ministerial position when uhuru was a member of the kitchen cabinet. Uhuru can’t even mention his age mates Titus Adungosi and Hezekiah Ohuka who were killed by his godfathers.
8. Current heroes. There is nowhere in the history of nations where a leader has been baptized as ‘father of the nation’ and called so by all when there is a sitting president. That Raila is called ‘Baba’ is a vote of no confidence in uhuru and defines where Raila really falls in the rungs of honor. Thanks for giving him a headline by omitting his name and that of Jacob Juma on the government list while celebrating what raila symbolizes: devolution
9. Uhuru’s Actual heroes: Mama Ngina Kenyatta (has the last word on everything national), Jomo Kenyatta, Daniel Arap Moi, Mohamed Hassan (chair IEBC), William ruto, Anne waiguru, Dr Njoroge (Central bank governor), Mulu Mutisya, Dr Willy Mutunga, Njenga Karume, Njoroge Mungai, JJ Kamotho, Kihika Kimani, etc.
10. What Uhuru should do. Heroism is never defined by traitors. Hold your horses Uhuru Kenyatta and wait for a true definition of heroism and the identity of heroes and heroines when Raila takes power next year