Opinion poll results that was run by Rift Valley’s authoritative Radio station KASS FM sent cold shivers down the spines of top statehouse operatives as the results indicated confirmed a massive ground shift. The poll question to the listeners who were required to call in with an answer was “Will you vote for jubilee if elections were held today?”
Joshua Kuttuny is the president’s lead political advisor in matters Rift Valley with a specific focus on Kalenjin community, it is assumed that part of his terms of reference is to listen and offer correct translation of political debates in the popular radio station -KASSFM
The result was mind blowing with 87% of the callers saying NO while 9% said YES they will Jubilee and only 4% were undecided>
The key reasons by those who said NO was mainly the teachers strike, massive corruption in government, suspended cabinet secretaries, NYS/Waiguru among others in the order below;
1. Teachers (Child out of school)
2. Corruption (FMIS password saga and CS Waiguru confession that she presided loss of 800m at NYS)
3. Suspended CSs (Felix Koskei (Agriculture) and Davis Chirchis (Energy)
4. Waiguru/NYS affairs- suspending Joseph Rugut and replacing him with Githinji)
5. Inequality in employment (top government jobs -Lion share to Uhuru’s TNA and only 15% to URP)
6. Fixing Of Ruto & Sang at the ICC (Moses Kuria confession)
It is obvious that the current stand-off between the president and his deputy regarding suspended CSs and other top government jobs is becoming waterloo for Uhuru’s hold on Rift Valley vote.
Now, Will you vote for Jubilee if elections are held today? a YES or NO with brief reasons in the comment section below.