Here are the top ten black spots that have swallowed hundreds of motorists
1. Pangani area on Thika Road: Pedestrians are more vulnerable here. Most of them fail to use designated crossing areas. Speeding motorists also end up hitting pedestrians.
2. Kasarani-GSU stretch on Thika Road: The footbridges used by pedestrians are far apart and where they are in place, some pedestrians donâ€™t use them.
3. Kenyatta University on Thika Road: Pedestriansâ€™ failure to use designated crossing areas, and failure to obey traffic signs by both pedestrians and motorists. Drunk drivers and speeding motorists end up hitting pedestrians or rolling over.
4. Westlands-Kabete Road: No pedestrian crossing signs, and few street lights and speeding.
5. Waiyaki Way near Kangemi flyover: There are no street lights and motorists speed at this section. As in the Maziwa area on Jogoo Road, drunken pedestrians are also knocked down in this section of the highway.
6. Jogoo Road near Maziwa Stage: There are no street lights and pedestrian crossings. Drunken pedestrians also get knocked down by speeding motorists, especially at night.
7. Mombasa Road stretch between Bellevue and City Cabanas: Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians are at high risk on this stretch. There are no pedestrian crossings and speeding motorists end up hitting those walking on foot, hit other vehicles or roll on the side of the highway.
8. Ruai Bypass: Speeding, lack of street lights and drunken driving are the causes of accidents on this stretch.
9. Langata near Carnivore junction: Drunken drivers and pedestrians are the main cause of accidents in this area due to the many entertainment joints in the area. Pedestrians also fail to use designated areas when crossing the road.
10. Statehouse road: Here you are likely to be meet headon with state execusionists who while spraying bullets onto the victims will disregard all traffic rules (remember Oscar King’ara and GPO Oulu? yes that is the spot, besides University of Nairobi students also often vent their anger along this road….be on the look :)