Something happened last week which has changed the trajectoryÂ of Jubilee Alliance propaganda. Star Newspaper Oliver Mathenge apparently fell out with State House officials after what reliable sources indicate was ‘a deal gone sour’. It also happened that Star Newspaper had run a story whose gist was that President Uhuru was incapable of sacking interior cabinet secretary Joseph Ole Lenku.
On the same day the story Â which was the headline for the day run, Ole Lenku was sacked!
And state house officials started dissing the journalist, who took to social media to vent his anger. Here is his post:
My wall has been active while I was away.Â Apparently, some Jubilee mandarins have decided that I was wrong in writing that Uhuru was not ready to fire Lenku in the Monday edition of the Star. Â According to them, the story was false because Uhuru replaced Lenku later that day.And basically this is where it starts, I authored the story before Uhuru made the decisions.Â I gave reasons why he was not making the changes: 1. He needed a Maasai and Nkaissery had been reluctant. 2. State House operatives led by a senior security official (who has been eyeing the Interior CS docket) had insisted that Lenku was not the problem but Kimaiyo should leave. 3. Jubilee operatives (using the tyranny of numbers) had already devised a plot to remove Kimaiyo through Parliament and a tribunal.Â That said, Uhuru made the changes hurriedly to cool the emotions of Kenyans who were becoming impatient over security. Those changes do not negate the points made in the story on why he was not making the changes.Â As usual, I will keep writing the stories that others (especially State House) do not want told.
Now you know.