By Dennis Itumbi via FB
A Catholic Priests WhatsApp Group is up in arms with a majority of Priests opposing an attempt to organise a BBI Luncheon in Mutumu,Gatundu South Tomorrow to be attended by President Uhuru Kenyatta.
The Hustler Nation Intelligence Bureau (HNIB) can report the raw information as follows..
Nairobi Catholic Archdiocese has planned a routine Monthly retreat.
This month’s host is Fr. MOKUA. Fr. Mokua is the priest who accompanied the President to The Vatican recently.
Now the Priests argue in the WhatsApp group that they need to avoid inviting politicians to clergy meetings for their own credibility.
A few Chats from the group….
“Good morning Gentlemen, on behalf of our Chairman and indeed that of our Hosts for our meeting tomorrow at St. Gabriel Mutomo, I wish to extend the invitation to all of you for your participation. After our formal meeting, H.E. The President Uhuru Kenyatta wishes to share a moment with us for Lunch and interaction.”
A Few Responses
1. The matter of concern, is why are we being told the last minute that we have visitors, are we not reading the sign of time in our country.
What is the agenda with visitors.
Then on Wednesday all media, electronic and print media headlines will be “Catholic priests endorses BBI”
2. We need to careful on invitating politicians in our clergy meeting during this period otherwise, we will have no moral authority in Catholic Church…. my take…🏃🏿♂️🏃🏿♂️
3. There is no real benefit when the President is from your community. You face the same hardships. Actually you suffer more because you live with the frustration of this realization. That’s what is ailing us people from the mountain. We had this illusion that things would be rosy, but the govt did the opposite and now we suffer both economically and politically. That’s why no matter how many Saganas are called, the MT won’t buy BBI.
4. This is a spiritual retreat, let us stick to that. Let us avoid the invite to political Lunch. There is Nothing like Free Lunch.
5. I agree with my brother Fr. Xxx – by the time we leave the Lunch, the Media will have been told we have Endorsed BBI
6. Let us attend, for some of us it is time to speak truth to power. We should go and tell the Presiddnt the Truth that we minister in Nairobi and the Archdiocese goes all the way to Thika and they simply do not want BBI. Tell him to accept the issues raised by Kangata.
7. We are going to Pray in Mutumu, just drop this Luncheon thing. Those who want to go can go but leave the rest of us to pray.
8. If we are in for Lunch with the President and his Kieleweke team of Politicians, let us make a demand that the Deputy President be invited too
…..Mambo iko Hivyo…..