RESOLUTIONS OF THE OKOA KENYA INAUGURAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY HELD AT THE BOMAS OF KENYA ON THIS 25TH DAY OF SEPTEMBER 2014
We the Coalition for Reforms and Democracy elected leaders congregating here at the Bomas of Kenya hereby resolve as follows;
1) THAT WE unreservedly adopt and endorse the five general suggestions as presented to us by the committee of experts and do hereby confer unconditional mandate to the committee to go ahead and translate the said general suggestions into a draft constitution amendment bill;
2) THAT WE will unanimously campaign for the draft constitution amendment bill at all levels guided by the solemn desire to protect the democratic and constitutional gains we have made and that In discharging our duties we commit to work for each other in both good and bad times and cherish the diversity that we enjoy as a movement.
3) THAT WE PROUDLY launch the CORD MCA’s County Working Group hereby known as the CORD MCA SUMMIT which shall coordinate the operations of county assemblies at the grassroots level and at the same time act as a liaison with the Coalition’s national leadership with the ultimate objective of safeguarding the wellbeing of country for the sake of the current generation and future generations ;
4) THAT ALL the county assemblies gathered here on this historic occasion will unanimously offer unconditional support to the constitution amendment Bill once it is presented to them in the County assemblies;
5) THAT WE today officially unveil and launch the public engagement forum that will educate and sensitize Kenyans both on the proposed general suggestions and the draft bill.
6) THAT WE condemn in the strongest terms possible the re-emergence of the archaic culture of political intolerance by agents of the current regime and hereby call upon our beloved citizens to stand up and defend the gains so far made under the 2010 Constitution .
GOD BLESS OKOA KENYA MOVEMENT