Radio queen the ageing Caroline Mutoko who recently attended a business education a certificate course at Harvard University says fake pastor Victor Kanyari is an astute businessman who understands his customers well and thus a perfect brand offering. Borrowing heavily from marketing 101 Caroline summarized the qualities of a good a marketing strategy. Her analysis failed to capture the key ingredients of the entrepreneurial Kanyari BUT offered to dwell on Caroline’s stronghold- marketing.
Here is her marketing 101 for us the non marketers (sic)
I finally got round to watching the whole investigative piece from Jicho Pevu last night and I’m wondering why no-one is stating the obvious. Kanyari is smart, focused and very, very talented.
Business, Brand-strategy and management lessons we can learn from Doctor-Prophet-Pastor Kanyari.
1. Define your target market, know your target market, define their needs.
2. Meet the needs of the target head on. I need a job, I need healing.
3. Inspect what you expect.
4. Brand delivery focus. His is singular. Healing, through prayer and water and 310/=
5. Market the brand attributes and promises consistently – simamisha Mbegu, Tuesday service, kunywa maji
6. Kanyari is also a study in great human resource management – His choir also worked as: his call centre, his assistants, his research team, customer service centre, accountants, ushers and sales team.