There are allegations that the Kenya Accountants and Secretaries National Examinations Board (KASNEB) is steeped unethical ethnic cleansing of other communities.
Apart from failing candidates which sit its exams, the institution has a very thin pool to pick its management as shown by the list of top officials below:
1. Pius M. Nduatih – Chief Executive Officer
2. James G. Nduati – Director Finance
3. Isaac M. Njuguna – Director Examinations
4. Jessie R. Kirongothi – Head,Â Information Communication Technology (ICT)
5. Caroline W. Karia – Head,Â Planning and Strategy Unit
6. Jason K. Mwangi – HeadÂ Internal Audit Unit
7. Edwin Gichangi – Head,Â Marketing and Corporate Affairs Unit
8. Winnie G. Muriuki – Head,Â Supply Chain Management Unit
These eight critical posts are shamelessly filled by people from one ethnic group, with some said to be family members. It is not just tribalism, it is nepotism reloaded.
The worst though from KASNEB is the way it deliberately fails people taking their exams. This is in part to make people continue paying to the body as every exam resit or retake is charged.