By Paul Mwangi via Facebook
When Ruto’s lawyers accused persons close to the President of “fixing” Ruto at The Hague, there was no hue and cry from TNA against these people, to wit, Nancy Gitau and Mutea Iringo. From the blues, allegations that appear well coordinated have been launched against Nyeri County Women Representative Pricilla Nyokabi for contributing to fixing Uhuru.
Prior to these allegations, Nyokabi had started experiencing political problems at home where she was being sidelined by some fellow politicians.
My thinking tells me there is more than meets the eye;
1. Who has the power and influence to coordinate such an elaborate attack on a first time MP who for all the one and a half years she has been in Parliament has not been politically spectacular ?
2. How can this lady attract the attention of persons at the highest level of the political hierarchy where she would be easily dealt with by any low level political machinery ?
3. What has prompted such a venomous attack ?
4. Why is destroying Nyokabi of such immediate and outmost importance and priority that it is worth risking the narrative as to who was responsible for fixing Uhuru which everyone agrees was the fuel of the Jubilee political drive ?
5. In the larger scheme of things at TNA, is Nyokabi more than we are seeing ? Or is she heading towards being what we are not seeing ?
Whatever the plot, it clearly has two elements : Passion and power.