After grueling negotiations and extensive consultations that spanned two days at Sentrim Elementaita Lodge, the ODM top cadre is shortly set to emerge and address the nation on deliberations and resolutions regarding its nomination rules and eagerly anticipated party election calendar.
The ODM, recently severely rocked by the sudden death of Senator Otieno Kajwang, has been on tenterhooks since the abortive party elections in March 2014 at Kasarani. The party leader has been upbeat lately assuring supporters that there shall never be a repeat of divisions within the party as witnessed in the run up to the aborted polls and that ODM is intent in using the Kasarani experience to emerge stronger and unified.
Top on the agenda is a proposed harmonised list of national office bearers that will be announced which will be forwarded to the party’s national governing council for ratification.
The joint sitting of the ODM National Executive Committee (NEC) and the Transitional Independent Executive Committee (TIEC) at the Sentrime Lodge in Elementaita yesterday postponed the planned meeting of the National Governing Council (NGC) scheduled for the this Friday (28th November 2014) to the Friday 5th December 2014 in honour of the late Mr. Otieno Kajwang who was the Senator of Homabay County and also the County ODM Chairman.
The NGC will deliberate on recommendations of the meeting which proposed the filling of party positions in the national office as follows;
1. Party Leader â€“ Rt. Hon. Raila Amolo Odinga
2. Deputies Party Leader â€“ Gov. Hassan Ali Joho and Gov. Wycliffe Oparanya
3. National Chairman â€“ Hon. John Mbadi
4. Deputies National Chairman â€“ Gov. Josphat Nanok, Hon. Paul Otuoma, Hon. Adan Keynan and Ms. Christine Lemein.
5. Secretary General â€“ Hon. Ababu Namwamba
6. Deputies Secretary General â€“ Sen. Elizabeth Ongoro and Sen. Dr. Agnes Zani
7. National Organizing Secretary â€“ Hon. Abdikadir Aden
8. Deputies Organising Secretary â€“ Hon. Suleiman Dori, Mr. George Aladwa, Hon. Florence Mutua and Ms. Rozah Buyu
9. National Treasurer â€“ Hon. Timothy Bosire
10. Deputies National Treasurer â€“ Mrs. Hilda Siangâ€™a and Mrs. Ogla Karani
11. Secretary Public Policy and Economic Affairs â€“ Hon. Steven Kariuki
12. Secretary Legal and Constitutional Affairs â€“ Hon. Timothy Wanyonyi
13. Secretary for Publicity and Information â€“ Hon. Denittah Ghati
14. Secretary for International Affairs â€“ Hon. Joyce Lay
15. Secretary for Women Affairs (OWL) â€“ Ms. Beth Syengo
16. Secretary for Youth Affairs (OYL) – Mr. Rashid Mohammed
17. Secretary for Special Interest Groups â€“ Ms. Grace Mboja
18. Secretary for Environment â€“ Mr. Ronald Ngâ€™eny
19. Secretary for Devolved Government â€“ Mr. Kipkorir Arap Menjo
20. Secretary for Science and Technology â€“ Dr. Noah Akala
21. Secretary for Labour Programmes and Social Welfare â€“ Mr. Wario Dida
22. Secretary for National Security â€“ Hon. Maj. John Waluke
23. Secretary for Humanitarian and Disaster Management â€“ Mr. Amos Lempaka
24. Secretary for Disability Affairs â€“ Hon. Isaac Mwaura
25. Secretary for Political Affairs â€“ Hon. Opiyo Wandayi
26. Secretaries for Parliamentary Affairs â€“ Sen. Janet Ongâ€™era (Senate) and Hon. Thomas Mwadeghu (National Assembly)
27. Executive Director (Ex-Officio)