Over 18 politicians from both CORD and Jubilee coalitions are facing charges over allegations of hate-speech. From CORD, the following politicians have been summoned:
1. Johnstone Muthama – Machakos County Senator
2. James Orengo – Siaya County Senator
3. Elizabeth Ongoro – Nominated Senator
4. Boni Khalwale – Kakamega County Senator, UDF.
5. Omar Hassan Omar – Mombasa County Senator
6. Jakoyo Midiwo – Gem MP
7. Tom Kajwang – Ruaraka MP
8. Simba Arati -Dagoreti MP
9. Junnet Mohamed -Suna East MP
10. Mishi Mboko – Mombasa County Women Representative
ODM Nairobi branch chairman George Aladwa was arrested and released on a ksh 20,000 bond on Saturday.
From the Jubilee side, the DPP has ordered the following to record statements with TNA Activist who has already been summoned to appear before a court of law.
1. Maina Kamanda – Starehe MP
2. Mary Wambui – Othaya MP
3. Kareke Mbiuki (Maara),
4. Francis Waititu (Juja),
5. Chege Njoroge (Kasarani),
6. Ben Mutura (Makadara),
7. Richard Tong’i (Nyaribari Chache),
8. Kimani Ichung’wa (Kikuyu)
9. George Theuri (Embakasi West).